POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-ray for Max? : Re: Pov-ray for Max? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray for Max?
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 15 Apr 1999 17:14:04
Message: <37164794.16468399@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:05:09 +0300, "Margus Ramst"
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

>What I would really like to have though, is the
>Fresnel reflecion/refraction model. This allows, for example, very realistic
>metallic surfaces (provided you can find the right ior for, say, copper -
>0.83 or something)

WYZPOV, a POV 3.02 patch currently available at the PatchStation on
twysted.net provides this under the name of angle-dependent
reflectivity.  This part of WYZPOV is also found in the Superpatch,
available at the same place.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com